Monday, September 2, 2013

Playtime

With the school year fast approaching, during a summer that seemed to last about a week, I had been trying to spend as much time with Kate as possible. I tried to get out of the house at least once a day. When it wasn't raining, I took Kate to the park. I am going to keep trying to take Kate on the weekends, now that I'm back to work.

Because she gets up so early, we are usually ready to leave the house around 8. We are typically the only people at the park, which is great in the freedom it gives Kate. Some times there is another kid her age, which is also great in the social interaction it gives Kate.

The big park about 5 minutes from our house was just re-built a couple years ago and it is awesome. There is a sand box, slides, swings, climbing structures, and even a historic carousel and train. Unfortunately the train doesn't open as early as we get there, and when I have gone later the train has been broken. I can't wait for our first ride, though.


Kate loves the park. She will play for hours if I let her. I miss taking her every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.