Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rainy Day Play

One rainy day, when we couldn't get to the park, I made some play dough for Kate to explore.

Using the recipe my mom always used (you can find it here), I whipped up some dough in  a few minutes.

"this doesn't taste good, mommy"

I loved seeing her reaction, poking it, and trying to eat it. I showed her how to stamp the dough with some of her wooden blocks (and discovered the letters in her name are perfect for making mirror images and a readable impression).

I am keeping the dough in an air-tight container, and it is still soft weeks later. Every now and then Kate will bring it to me and say 'open?' and play with it a bit.

What a great, cheap, easy way to entertain a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.