Monday, November 7, 2011

Hand-Me-Downs

I love them! I am so thankful for a sister who is finished having children and is willing to pass on almost all of their baby items.

While we will be getting her crib, that will have to wait until my nephew is a little older. We will probably get it around the time baby Stybs is born, or soon after. Which is fine for me since baby will probably be in the pack-n-play for a while anyway.
We will be getting her glider soon. It is currently at her in-law's house right around the corner, so we are just waiting for a day when they are available to get it to us.

What we have received so far is a TON of blankets/swaddlers/towels/bibs; a baby bath; breast pump; doorway jumper; playmat; and a small and large boppy.
Everything is in the closet of the nursery for now. We haven't moved out the bed or large dresser yet, but we are still trying to keep Grover out as much as possible.

He can't figure out why the door is shut. He crouches and peeks under the door and pounces on the corner trying to get in. Poor little guy. maybe he'll give up on the nursery and go back into the office once the bed is moved in there.

While we still have some furniture re-arranging to do, it's nice to know that so much is taken care of already. My hope for the nursery was to have white furniture- to contrast with the grey walls and go with the dresser we already have. But how can I turn down free (expensive) furniture. It is dark wood stain, and I am a little hesitant about how it is going to work, but I think it'll be fine. And the baby isn't going to care either way.

Here's what we're working with so far:
It'll all come together in the end. And I can't say enough how thankful I am to my sister for passing down everything. It is so helpful.

1 comment:

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.