Tuesday, October 11, 2011

There's Something in There

I'm posting my drafts that document my pregnancy so far. See part 1 here, and Part 2 here.

***

Thursday August 11

Today was my first ultrasound. I figured it would be transvaginal (sorry if TMI) so Adam decided to spare himself and not come. Well my experience was not what I expected. Why ask you to come 15 minutes early for your appointment (that was moved up to 1:50 from 3:40) and then make you wait an additional 20 minutes? And after waiting I was seen by the technician, who was not personable at all. She didn't explain what was going on, shoved the camera on up, click click click, still no explanation. All I saw on the screen was a black blob. I was kind of worried until she clicked on the sound and I could hear the heartbeat. If only for 30 seconds, it was completely worth it. Now it feels real. There is a little baby growing inside me.
Baby Stybs- 6 weeks, 1 day
Now we have to decide when to tell our parents. We are having dinner with my parents tomorrow, so I want to tell them. But Adam wants to tell the parents together, though he doesn't know when we can get together with his parents. I really want to start telling family/close friends because I just can't keep it in! We are going to talk more about it tomorrow. I hope Adam agrees that we can tell.
Baby Stybs' current size: Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.