Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pets

Kate has always loved Grover. He, however, as not shared the same feelings since she was able to move and squeal at him.
Adam and I are cat  people. We prefer cats to dogs, like their affection and that we can leave food out for a day or two and he'll be fine on his own.

We hate the fur that goes everywhere, and I hate cleaning the litter box, but we deal because Grover has always been a pretty good cat.

Until recently.

He started peeing on the carpet in the corner by Kate's toys.

We checked out what to do- put down foil and a cup of vinegar- and that worked. For maybe a month.

I brought Kate downstairs to play this morning and saw a nice yellow puddle of pee right beside the foil/vinegar.

I grew up with a cat who eventually started peeing on my mom's china hutch. My parents placed plastic sheeting/ foil/towels and sprayed urine gone  to manage the pee. Adam and I decided we would never do that. I loved my cat, but I did not like the smell.

So now, with Grover, we will probably get rid of him. Hopefully we can find a home, or if we take him to a shelter he will get adopted.

It's hard. We have had him for about 4 years. I was hoping the peeing was just a phase and he would be over it.

I wish there was something else we could do, but we will not be covering our house (And Kate's toys) in plastic and constantly cleaning up after his intentional 'accidents'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.