Friday, July 26, 2013

Kate's Quilt

It's done!


I notice all the imperfections, but Kate doesn't. She doesn't care.

I have strips of her monthly fabric (3" wide x 3", 6", or 9" long) in a random arrangement. For the back, I used the leftover large pieces (which I would have had MUCH more of if I hadn't cut WAY too many strips) and just stitched them together. You can sort of see it here:

I also used some of the leftovers to make a pillow case for one of the many throw pillows we had.

Right now, the quilt is on the toddler bed that my sister lovingly passed down to us (she also gave us the crib).

More on the bed and sleeping plans later. For now Kate enjoys laying/jumping/sitting/reading/walking on the quilt. Hopefully one day she will snuggle up with it as her bed quilt.. then a warm throw ... and maybe even a lap blanket when she's older.

It was a long process to figure out how to make this quilt, and I thank my mom so much for helping me. The next time I make one (hopefully for Kate's future little sibling) it should be much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.