Sunday, February 24, 2013

These Shoes Were Made For Walking

Since she's become quite the walker, I began the hunt for some shoes. Babies should learn to walk in bare feet, so the can keep better balance, and so the muscles in their feet can flex and extend properly.  Kate has been walking around in just socks, but as the weather gets a little warmer she'll soon be outside, an will need some protection for her little feet.

Target has some cute options, but at $22, I passed. (though I see that online I can get some for $16.. maybe I'll have to look again)

I was at Tuesday Morning (looking for a teapot) and found two adorable pairs for $15.

Unfortunately, the little bow didn't have any stretch and we discovered Kate has some fat feet. So those didn't work out.

The next place I looked was TJ Maxx... no dice. There were a lot of cute shoes- even little Hello Kitty mary-janes- but they weren't right. They all had cloth bottoms, which don't work for walking outside.

Ross had an even smaller selection; Literally two pairs of sandals. Kohl's online had some really cute ones, but didn't have any wide shoes.

As I was praying I wouldn't have to go to StrideRite and pay $40 for Kate's shoes that she will wear for a few months,  I remembered Payless. I wondered if they would have any toddler shoes and- TaDa!- they did! 
They are soft leather, flexible, rubber pieces on the bottom to protect the shoes from being scuffed, and the best part- they were only $10.

Hooray for cute, cheap shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.