Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One Month

Seriously, where did the past month go? I feel like I just brought her home a few days ago.

Highlight of the month (aside from actually having her): She smiled at me. I swear it wasn't gas. I put her in the swing, she looked at me, I said "Hi, pretty girl" and she smiled at me and cooed. And she did it again! It's amazing how in just a month she went from hardly opening her eyes to finally making eye contact and finally reciprocating a smile. She is finally communicating in a way other than crying or sucking on her fist (when she's hungry).

Stats: Kate was 8lbs 2oz and 21" at birth. Now she is a whopping 10lbs.

I'm going to take her growing pictures in the glider with the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I also want to go the YHL route and take monthly pics on fun fabric. Hopefully after a year I will be able to turn the different fabric into a blanket for her.
I know I'm biased because I'm her mother, but Kate is one seriously cute baby. I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

1 comment:

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.