Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Beach Break

Ahh, just what we needed after some bad news. 

I had taken Kate down to the beach earlier this summer on trips with my mom and sister. Kate LOVES the pool and can spend hours there.

But she wasn't too sure about the sand. On her first trip this year she ran, no fear, toward the water. And a little wave came and knocked her down. That was it, she did not like the beach after that, so on our next trip I had to sit with her and show her the toys before she was comfortable. Even then she didn't last long.


So after receiving the news that we would not be having a baby, Adam and I took Kate to the beach for a long weekend. We spent more time at the pool, and just relaxed. 

We tried the ocean again, early morning so it wasn't crowded or too hot. She was actually having fun scooping the sand and playing in the water we poured out of buckets. The only snag came when I wanted to show her a little sand crab. I let it go back by the water, and Kate tried to chase it, getting knocked over and all wet. Hmm, I'm sensing a theme here....

That was our only trip to the sand/ocean, but we spent a lot of time in the pool and even went down to the boardwalk one night. It was a great way to get away.

I love the beach and looked forward to going every summer when I was growing up. I hope Kate will love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to repetitive spam, comments will be published after word verification.